Thursday 11 to Saturday 13 October 2018
Ka kuhu au ki te ture, hei matua mo te pani
I seek refuge in the law, for it is a parent to the oppressed
To register for Hui-a-Tau 2018 , click here.
The 2018 AGM will be held at Toi Oho Mai, Mokoia Campus, Mokoia Road, Rotorua, New Zealand on Saturday 13 October at 8:00am. Click here for the notice.
Te Hunga Rōia Māori Awards
To mark the 30th anniversary of Te Hunga Rōia Māori o Aotearoa, we have created four awards to recognise the efforts and achievements of our members:
- The Community Contribution Award
- The Excellence in Academic Writing Award
- The Te Pae Tata Award
- The Matiu Dickson Award for Te Reo and Tikanga Māori
To read more about the awards, click here.
Nominations are now open! In order for your nomination to be valid, we need the following information from you:
- Nominee for the award,
- Reason for nomination,
- Your name and contact details.
Nominations must be received by email to our Secretary (Secretary@maorilawsociety.co.nz) on or before 5pm, Friday 5 October 2018.
To view the programme, click here.
For this year’s Hui, we have the following Keynote speakers;
- His Honour Justice Joe Williams;
- Solicitor General – Una Jagose;
- Willow-Jean Prime and Kiri Allan;
- Sacha McMeeking;
- An Original’s Panel; and
- Moana Jackson.
We also have a wide range of speakers presenting in our breakout sessions, on kaupapa including;
- Whakaaro Māori and the lawyer-client relationship;
- Intellectual Property and our Cultural Heritage;
- Employment Law in the not-for-profit space;
- Cultural Context in Sentencing;
- Exploring pathways outside of Law;
- Māori and the New Disrupted Legal Industry;
- Māori Prosecutors – recruitment and career advancement;
- Commercial activity in the forestry industry;
- Te Kooti Rangatahi – 10 year celebration;
- Māori in the Prison system;
- And much more!
Registrations now open!
11-13 October 2018. Toi Oho Mai, Rotorua. To register for Hui-ā-Tau 2018, click here.
Spaces are quickly filling, so get in quick before you miss out! Early Bird Registrations close on 14 September 2018.
- Early-bird members (23 July – 14 September) – $850
- Standard members (15 September – 28 September) – $1000
- Non members – $1,500
- Community Law Center – $750
- Tauira – $225
- Members – $500
- Non members – $750
For any further questions on resigtrations, please contact Jonelle Koai by email on email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you in Rotorua in October!