THRMOA’s kaupapa / vision is “mā te ture, mō te iwi – by the law, for the people”.
One of the ways THRMOA gives effect to that vision is by making submissions on a range of proposed legislation affecting Māori communities.
Click on the links below to access the THRMOA Submissions:
- Te Ture Whenua Maori Act Review Panel Discussion Document, June 2013
- Extension of the Mixed Ownership Model, February 2012
- Marine and Coastal Area (Takutai Moana) Bill, November 2010
- Patents Bill, July 2009
- Local Government (Auckland Council) Bill, June 2009
- Foreshore and Seabed Act Review, May 2009
- Resource Management (Simplifying and Streamlining) Amendment Bill, April 2009
- Bioprospecting Discussion Document, October 2007
- Treaty of Waitangi (Removal of Conflict of Interest) Amendment Bill, August 2007
- Local Government Rate Inquiry, April 2007
- Principles Of Treaty of Waitangi Deletion Bill, October 2006
- Māori Purposes Bill, August 2006
Get involved in submission writing
“Mā pango, mā whero, ka oti te mahi”
If you are a member of THRMOA and would like to assist with submission writing on legal issues affecting Māori that you are passionate about, please contact Māorilawsociety@lawsociety.org.nz.